- Schools & Departments
- Student Life
- RCSI in the Community
- About RCSI
Applicants are selected for admission to the MSc in Nursing Programme on the basis of open competition using the following criteria:
• Basic eligibility i.e. achievement of academic and English language entry requirements.
• References and life experience, i.e. work / life balance, extracurricular activities, relevant work or voluntary experience, etc.
• Performance at a structured interview.
The following requirements are the minimum standards required for consideration for entry into the MSc in Nursing Programme for the Academic Year 2017/2018. Attainment of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance. Admission to the Programme is at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
English Language Entry Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English or who have not been educated solely in a native English speaking country must satisfy an English language proficiency requirement through one of the following means:
• IELTS - A minimum score of 5.5 overall or TOEFL equivalent.
Please note: English language qualifications are only valid for two years from the date of the test.
Applicants in Bahrain who require an IELTS certificate, are advised to book an appointment with the British Council at their earliest convenience, Tel: +973 1726 1555/1726 6166 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exemptions: Applicants who have been solely educated in a native English speaking country and / or those who have completed the following curricula may be exempted from the English language requirement. Applicants should make contact with the Admissions Office to confirm eligibility for such an exemption.
IB Diploma Minimum score of 5 in Standard or Higher Level English.
(I)GCSE/GCE Minimum score of Grade C in English.
Irish Leaving Certificate Minimum score of Grade D in Ordinary Level English.
Academic Entry Requirements
Please note: All applicants must have completed at least 12 years of schooling by the end of secondary school education.
• hold a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing.
• have recent experience in nursing practice.
• be a registered Nurse or Midwife.