- Schools & Departments
- Student Life
- RCSI in the Community
- About RCSI
Centre for Student Success (CSS)
Designed by students, for students, the Centre for Student Success in a dynamic unit of the department of Student Development and Wellbeing.
It offers comfortable, informal, friendly and student-driven space where students can:
- Peer network and relax
- Group or solo study
- Access learning resources and consult science and anatomy models
- Find out about student extra-curricular workshops and personal & professional development sessions offered by the department and the CSS team
- Join a student led programme such as the Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Programme or the Buddy Programme
- Chat to a learning Tutor about academic progress
- Seek learning support, guidance and help
- Ask questions and find out answers!
The centre focuses on:
Learning Tutors are available full-time in the Centre for study skills, language and science learning support. Students can drop in to the Centre and chat to a tutor or request an individual or group meeting. The Learning Tutors organize regular revision and learning support sessions, academic student events such as debating, and many other informal learning activities such as competitions. The Centre for Student Success offers a varied range of dynamic learning spaces to suit individual learning styles.
Personal and Professional Development
The Centre provides many opportunities for students’ personal and professional development, such as funding for research presentation and participation in academic conferences, Model United Nations, debates, leadership programmes, and the mobility Exchange Programme with RCSI Dublin. There are also regular workshops held which focus on the development of students’ life skills as future global healthcare practitioners.